Speak to our Family & citizenship experts

US immigration law allows some non-citizens, who are family members of US citizens and lawful permanent residents, to apply for a Green Card and become a lawful permanent resident themselves.

Immediate relatives – such as a spouse, an unmarried child under the age of 21, or a parent of a US citizen who is 21 or older – can apply, as can widows or widowers of US citizens. There are also other categories of family member eligible to apply:

  • Unmarried sons and daughters (aged 21 and over) of US citizens – F-1 
  • Spouses and unmarried children under 21 of lawful permanent residents – F-2A 
  • Unmarried sons and daughters (aged 21 and over) of lawful permanent residents – F-2B
  • Married sons and daughters of US citizens – F-3
  • Brothers and sisters of US citizens (if the US citizen is aged 21 or over) – F-4

Becoming a lawful permanent resident

Our expert US immigration team regularly helps families relocate to the United States, whether there’s a family member who is a US citizen or someone who is a lawful permanent resident. Whether they have yet to move, or one family member is already living Stateside and wishes their family to join them, we offer a range of specialist legal services. In addition, we can assist US citizens who wish to renounce their US citizenship.


  • Applying for lawful permanent residence status in the US (Green Card)
  • K-1 Fiancé(e) visas
  • Family-based immigrant visas
  • Removal of conditions
  • Naturalization
  • Employment Authorization Documents for Legal Permanent Residents
  • Travel Authorization Documents for Legal Permanent Residents
  • Obtaining Consular Reports of Birth Abroad and US Passports
  • Renunciation of US citizenship
  • Abandonment of Green Cards
  • Any other US immigration options that might apply – contact us to find out about potential eligibility

We work also with trusted partners in tax advice, global legal advice, and international removals, should clients require recommendations to help smooth the process of moving to the United States.