US visas can be difficult to obtain for some people, as can entry to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
If you have a criminal record, have previously misrepresented the facts or committed fraud during a visa application, or have prior immigration violations, then you will be considered ‘inadmissible’ and will not be granted a visa on application. In such circumstances a waiver application will be required first.
If you have previously travelled to certain countries – Iran, Syria, Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Sudan, Yemen or Cuba – then it is not possible to obtain an ESTA under the Visa Waiver Program, and a US visa will be required.
Problems with obtaining a US visa
Our US immigration specialists can help those who have problems getting a US visa through a variety of ‘waivers of inadmissibility’. This means obtaining an official determination by the US government that the otherwise ineligible person can enter the United States.
We can assist with:
- Waivers of past criminal activity
- Waivers of fraud (in relation to immigration)
- Waivers of unlawful presence
- I-601 Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
- Medical waiver/ vaccination waiver
- Those previously denied a US visa or entry to the USA